Release Notes v2.00.01
This firmware update adds support for new Uniden models.
Installing the Update
To perform the update, you will need the serial cable that came with your scanner (or the USB-1 cable). You will also need to be able to access the firmware update port on the bottom of the remote head.
- Connect the cable between your PC and the firmware update port on the bottom of the remote head.
- Download, unzip, and install BC_VUP_v22.214.171.124.zip.
- Download and unzip BC-RH96_V2_00_01.zip.
- Run BC_VUP and follow the on-screen instructions.
Use after the Update
The remote head will automatically detect the scanner when it is plugged in and the scanner's serial port is enabled. Note the following when using the remote head with an "XT" series scanner (i.e. BCD396XT, BC346XT):
- The Band Scope feature will not display properly on the remote head due to the excess data required to support the feature.
- Be sure you have turned off the Control Channel Output feature (MENU --> SETTINGS --> Set C-CH Output). Otherwise, connection to the scanner will be continuously interrupted.